At Kelly Bros our ethos of sustainable road safety doesn’t stop once the road markings have been applied. Our variable message signs (VMS) are there to display the latest information, helping to make journeys safer for everyone.
We have a wide range of solar powered mobile VMS, as well as custom permanent fixed VMS supplied to individual specification. Our signs are free of noise, waste and pollution. Our VMS come equipped with an easy web-based message management system. Available in a number of sizes.
As well as installing the signs, our CSCS and NVQ trained staff use CCTV to monitor traffic conditions and remotely change the VMS wording. The remote software allows us to amend messages and assess the status of the sign for any general maintenance work. We have a rapid response rate and can efficiently respond to any problems with an on-site visit. We also carry out regular spot checks ensuring your solar signs are running seamlessly. Kelly Bros VMS solar signs are an invaluable addition to highway maintenance and help to keep traffic moving.
Kelly Bros VMS solar signs are an invaluable addition both to highway maintenance as well as all types of events in helping to keep traffic moving. Highways Agency Type Approval under TR2516B. TOPAS registered. DVSA Individual Vehicle Trailer Approval.
PORTABLE SPEED RADAR
At Kelly Bros we believe in safer, sustainable roads. The Kelly Bros Portable Speed Radar is an effective addition to traffic management. A truly solar powered innovation, it offers a sustainable method of warning oncoming traffic of any speed infractions by Vehicle Activated Sign (VAS) technology.
With many drivers often distracted or unaware of their speed, our Portable Speed Radar is an invaluable addition that can help increase road safety by tracking the speed of any oncoming vehicles and flashing a warning if they are over the limit. Information can be downloaded providing valuable quantifiable data that can help drive further traffic management initiatives forward.
Coming in a compact size, the Portable Speed Radar is easy to transport and can be used on all types of highways or at any event. With our standard Kelly Bros guarantee, our maintenance crew will work remotely to ensure your Portable Speed Radar is up to date and in line with all required standards.
Our largest sign, the Silent Messenger MB1 38mm is a superior method of informing or warning drivers of any potential danger, delays or traffic queues. Helping to minimise risk, this sign is a useful addition to any highway maintenance team.
- Ideally suited to motorway trunk roads and for major events.
- Can be used during extreme weather conditions to help warn drivers.
- Up to seven lines of text with up to 21 characters per line.
- A hydraulic pump that is able to lift the display screen to four metres in 20 seconds.
- Can withstand 90mph winds.
- Built to the Highways Agency technical requirement specification TR2130 and TR2136 and TR2516B.
- Independent, dampened suspension ensures a sustainable option with no maintenance required.
With remote controlled access that allows for any text to be remotely changed from a computer, and our in-house maintenance team carrying out regular checks, the MB1 38mm is a quality piece of manufacturing that can help reduce threats and save lives.
Display 3.35m x 1.93m
Footprint size 4.57m L x 2.34m W
Up to seven lines of text with up to 21 characters per line
Designed to our exacting standards the MB4 offers a smaller alternative to our other signs. The MB4 is perfect for busy city roads where space is limited.
- 19mm LED boards – a compact size allowing sufficient space for information.
- Enough space for up to four lines of text consisting of up to 24 characters per line.
- Includes remote controlled messaging allowing for the text to be quickly and efficiently changed without the need for any on-site maintenance.
Particularly helpful at events or on planned roadworks where space is at a premium, the MB4 is the perfect alternative to our bigger options without compromising the safety of motorists.
LIFT & ROTATE
This is our most commonly used sign and is perfect for A and B roads as well as all types of events. Our List & Rotate signs offer an efficient approach to traffic management.
- Built to the Highways Agency technical requirement specification TR2130, TR2136 and TR2516B.
- The Lift & Rotate can display up to 4 lines of text and 12 characters per line on each page.
- The signboard can be lifted into position using an electric linear actuator and can be rotated 360 degrees.
Offering increased flexibility when sending out messages with minimal disruption, remote controlled messaging and an inbuilt radar control, the Lift & Rotate solar sign is a sustainable and valuable asset in improving road safety.
PERMANENT MOUNTED VMS
Our Permanent Mounted VMS signs are a versatile solution to traffic management. These signs have the flexibility of modular panel construction and patented Mega-Flux LED display technology. Kelly Bros Permanent Mounted VMS signs are one of the most versatile, energy efficient on the market.
- Modular custom-built for each client.
- Available in either a 19mm or 38mm resolution in red or amber.
- Completely independent, our permanent fixed signs have no moving parts.
- Supports either 110/240v power input.
Offering a truly flexible approach to road safety, the permanent fixed signs can be quickly mounted with minimal fuss helping to ensure road safety even in the most challenging conditions.
CCTV TRAFFIC MONITORING
Traffic flows tend to remain consistent day-to-day, but there will be accidents, incidents and events that will change this. CCTV is an innovative but functional way to monitor traffic, roadworks sites and events and the VMS displays can be adjusted where necessary. The footage can inform future decisions around traffic management.
- Kelly Bros CCTV units can be placed wherever they are needed due to their portable trailer mounted design.
- Multiple users can logo on remotely via a web browser.
- Each camera can zoom, tilt and pan to capture the best possible footage of traffic flow.
- Data is sent over 3G, 4G and LTE networks.
- On-site recording 24/7 with up to 14 days’ playback remotely.
Real time analysis means smarter decision making for diverting traffic, updating VMS signs and planning roadworks. See the real impact of roadworks, identify trouble spots in rush hour, look at roadworks vehicles in action – CCTV can be both innovative and functional, giving you the information you need to make safe decisions. It can also be used for crime prevention and site security.
JOURNEY TIME SOLUTIONS
Every day there are new factors or developments that influence road traffic – from the normal ‘rush hour’ bottlenecks to major accidents or roadworks – road users can be subject to long delays. Kelly Bros Journey Time Mobile VMS signs can display journey information that keeps your road users in the know.
- Kelly Bros Journey Time signs can be updated in real-time, providing live updates to road users.
- Our solar powered signs are a greener, safer approach to managing traffic around roadworks, accidents and major events.
Instead of road users turning to phone apps and social media for potentially inaccurate information on traffic conditions, Journey Time signs give immediate and accurate information on the delay – ease commuters’ frustrations and give your road users the information they need to make safe decisions.